Mobile Computer Industry Overview
The global mobile computer market size is expected to reach USD 6.49 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2021 to 2028, according to the new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The need for managing the inventory of growing businesses with high production capacity and the readiness of tracking shipments are augmenting the demand for mobile computers. Furthermore, long lifespan due to its ruggedness, high return on investment, and lower have considerably increased their adoption across industries. However, the global market was affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which negatively impacted the businesses' production capacity, and disrupted the supply chain, thereby, causing a slight dip in the overall market growth during the pandemic.
Mobile Computer Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global mobile computer market based on component, business size, industry, and region:
Based on the Component Insights, the market is segmented into Hardware, Software, Services.
- The hardware segment dominated the mobile computer market with a revenue share of more than 70% in 2020 and is expected to expand at a significant CAGR over the forecast period.
- Handled terminals/PDAs and smartphone mobile computers, and their accessories, are the hardware required to streamline business operations in manufacturing floors, warehouses, field services, and ports. Technological advancements have helped mobile devices attain all-in-one functionalities.
- The service segment is expected to witness promising growth opportunities. The number of mobile devices used across industries for a longer period is higher and these devices need to be maintained after using for at least three to four years.
Based on the Business Size Insights, the market is segmented into SMBs, Large Businesses.
- The large businesses segment dominated the market in 2020, accounting for more than 50% of the overall market. The segment growth can be attributed to the high demand for mobile computers to manage a large volume of inventory.
- A large business continues to expand its offerings across regions and countries, creating the need for increased production and subsequently the demand for mobile computers. Additionally, mobile computers help manage operations as there is a continuous need to avoid damage of perishable goods in the FMCG industry and meet the standards of products with correct information labeled on each product.
- SMBs continuously try to leverage upcoming opportunities to grow in their respective markets. Medium-sized businesses have the highest growth potential and many medium-size vendors are concerned about maintaining their manufacturing plants to ensure continued market growth.
Based on the Industry Insights, the market is segmented into Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Warehouse, Others.
- The manufacturing industry is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The demand for mobile computers across FMCG, machinery, machine parts, plastic goods, and other areas of manufacturing spiked as consumer consumption increased over the year due to the growing population.
- Mobile-handled computes designed for the manufacturing industry help accelerate the process of tracking inventory with an error-free application. Factors such as an increase in exports, population, and capital growth are steering the growth of the manufacturing industry.
- Warehouse emerged as the second most dominant segment in 2020. The segment growth can be attributed to a large number of warehouses across industries with small to large volume storage depending on size. A warehouse stores surplus goods until the products are ordered by the customers.
Mobile Computer Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile Market Share Insights
The market is fragmented with the presence of rugged terminal manufacturers. Product upgrades, new product development, and the formation of strategic collaborations are some of the key initiatives adopted by vendors to maintain their market position.
Some prominent players in the global mobile computer market include
- Opticon Sensors Europe B.V.
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- KEYENCE CORPORATION
- Zebra Technologies Corp.
- Casio Computer Co., Ltd.
- CIPHERLAB Co., Ltd.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Handheld Group
Order a free sample PDF of the Mobile Computer Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519