Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapeutics Industry Overview
The global anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 12.82 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 0.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased funding for RD of anti-VEGF therapeutics to boost the development of new drugs is expected to accelerate market growth. Moreover, the introduction of novel innovative products coupled with the increasing geriatric population that is susceptible to develop ophthalmic diseases is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapeutics Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapeutics Market on the basis of products, disease, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Eylea, Lucentis, Beovu.
- The Eylea product segment dominated the global market in 2020 with a revenue share of over 67%. The segment is anticipated to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The product is expected to witness significant demand owing to advancements in formulations and the development of advanced drug delivery systems.
- In April 2020, Bayer AG announced the launch of Eylea injection prefilled syringes in the EU market, which is valid in all 27 EU member states.
- This new formulation may increase product adoption by ophthalmologists due to its ease of administration. Beovuis anticipated witnessing the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to geographic expansion and patent exclusivity.
Based on the Disease Insights, the market is segmented into Macular Edema, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Vein Occlusion, Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- The Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) segment accounted for the largest market share of more than 86% in 2020. The segment is expected to maintain the leading position over the forecast period owing to the increasing disease burden, growing geriatric population, and presence of late-stage product candidates that are expected to enter the market in the coming years.
- The diabetic retinopathy segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast years owing to unmet medical needs and an increasing number of treatment approvals for diabetic retinopathy. One-fifth of the diabetic population suffers from retinopathy, leading to 56% of visual impairment cases globally.
Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapeutics Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile Market Share Insights
Key companies are adopting strategies that allow them to use their resources to aid in the development of new products.
Some prominent players in the global anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapeutics market include
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Viatris, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapeutics Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519