Can A Study Permit Be Changed To A Work Permit In Canada?

Comments · 76 Views

apply for a co-op work permit while having a study permit

Studying in Canada and getting a decent job there is a dream of many. Canada is well-known for its world-class education system, diverse and progressive culture, and growing economy. It comes in the top five in terms of the world’s best countries for education. Getting admission to a Canadian college and securing a study permit isn’t that difficult if you meet the requirements and eligibility criteria.

The application process is relatively easy for Canadian college admission. However, you should work with professionals who can guide you through the process. They will be able to help you with options that allow you to change your study permit into a work permit later on.


Changing study permit into work permit

If you’re wondering whether you can change your study permit into a work permits or not, it’s absolutely possible. However, it will depend on several factors like which program you’re pursuing and at which stage you are in that program.

If you decide to alter your status and start working, all you need to do is look for a job, request that your employer complete his or her portion of the paperwork, and then apply for a work permit.


What is a co-op work permit?

Students may work full-time throughout the academic term with a co-op work permit. If your job (such as a co-op placement or internship) is essential to your course of study, you must get a co-op work permit. It allows you to work full-time and is issued for the same period of time as your study permit.


Invite your spouse to support you

A spouse-open work permit allows your spouse or partner to come to Canada and work for the same period as your study permit. It’s not job-specific which means your spouse can do any job in Canada for any employer.

It will automatically reduce some financial burden off your shoulder if you want to focus on your studies while letting your partner support you financially through a full-time job. However, you both can work. If you need any assistance in applying for a co-op work permit or spouse open work permit, you can consult with the experts at CW Immigration.